Friday, May 1, 2009

self-portrait comp


This project is a typographical self-portrait - "to identify at least five words that describe who you are and use the words and a piece of you as design elements to create your self portrait."

Here is my comprehensive for this project. I really wanted to use a beach photo and some sea foam and such, but couldn't find one at the angle I wanted. So, I ended up taking my own picture of the river. I didn't have access to a computer, so my comprehensive is a color print-out of the river photo with the design elements drawn with pencil and colored pencil on tracing paper and glued on. High-tech, I know.

The plan for the final is to get rid of the creepy Muppets thing in the upper L corner and put an actual Muppet graphic in there somewhere, instead. Also, I'll be copying one of the rocks from the lower part of the picture and pasting it up top to be able to move the gummi worms up to maintain good visual balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment